Friday, September 16, 2011

Mad thoughts at the MAD Museum 8/31/2011

I think and think and think about the Abbey, I think until despair and the concrete mud of dejection fill me. I try to feel my way through these broken and tangled thoughts of why to continue, yet the feelings do not come. I am bereft of the balance between mind heart and soul to take one more breath of society, let alone another step deeper into its mire. Everywhere I look, society is a swamp of despair and destitution. Where is the dry and fertile ground to rest? To even think of rest I feel myself begin to sink, to think of going on my heart grows weary. So I plod on, my boots long ago sucked away, my clothes stripped and tattered by the brambles. I cannot stop, but I cannot go on. The blood flows from my punctured brow to form rivules through the caked detrious of human comfort. The buoyancy of my conviction will not let me sink, nor will my weakness of the flesh allow me to float up. I am in limbo between the worlds of man and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment